March 15, 2017
Board members present: Coach Sean Bennett (President), Brad Kibbler (Treasurer), Coach Bill Rose (VP)
Members Present: 17
Meeting opened at 7:08 pm with Treasurers Report.
- Coach Bill has been transitioning the job over to Brad who has taken over as Treasurer
- Current balance was discussed/Still have to pay for home meets (3)
- Breakdown of costs = average cost of $1000/home meet
- Discussed upcoming costs/expenses for equipment
- End of season party (details below)
- Need ALL singlets returned! Large cost for league to replace
- Lead to discussion of how to ensure singlet returns: deposit?, send a bill?
- Reminder – We are non-profit! $ must stay under x amount
Discussion on Home Meets- parent/coach input:
- Concessions don’t profit
- Lead to discussion of how to raise money : get food donated, charge businesses $ to hang banners
- Price of ref is high $135/ref
- Lots of work for coaches-need lots of parent involvement
Evaluation of Overall Year:
- “Best year yet since Coach Bill and Coach Sean took over 5 years ago!” –Coach Bill
- ICWL Novice: 5 Bulldogs Placed!
- PJW: Jake Rose placed for Abington Jr. High
- Open Championships: 5 Bulldogs placed! /Parent volunteers are needed for mats & tables each year for this tournament.
- Congrats to Jake Rose (Coach Bill’s son) for 2:2 at states!
- Thank you:
- Coaches for amazing dedication to our children
- Parents for great job stepping up this year to volunteer and help things run smoothly (tables, mats, food sales, set up, take down)
- High schoolers who come down to volunteer time to work with the kids during practice
League Board Positions Available: (need to be filled for 2017-2018 Wrestling Season)*
- President – Coach Sean Bennett
- VP –
- Secretary – Priscilla Patterson (voted in at meeting)
- Treasurer- Brad
- League Rep –
- Snack Bar Coordinator –
- IT/Website & Match updates – Louis Wing
- Pairing Coordinators – Bulldogs Coaches (must be coaches)
- *Please consider a role on the board to relieve coaches from duties that should be responsibility of parents. All positions should be taken seriously and we are expected to work together- Commitment & Communication!!End of Season Bulldogs Party:
- Budget for party voted on: $1000
- Coordinator: Priscilla Patterson
- Location and date voted on: Avelthorpe Park on Sunday, April 30th (All agreed party should be held before spring sports season is in full swing)**
- Cookout-burgers and hotdogs/bring bikes, balls, family, games, etc.…
Update on Award in memory of Debbie Mccaughey being developed by Coach Bill:
- Award to be titled “The Paw Print Award”
- Award to be given annually to a Bulldogs wrestler who demonstrates the following:
-Passionate about wrestling
-Shows outstanding self-improvement through the year as well as seeks to improve/encourage teammates.
- Wrestler will be selected by coaches.
Meeting closed with message from board: “If you want your wrestler to improve- Keep them on the mats!” See Coaches for off season wrestling clubs and camps (Germantown Mavericks, Apache, etc…)
NEXT MEETING WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12TH AT 7:00 PM AT NORTH PENN VFW IN GLENSIDE
-RETURN SINGLETS PLEASE!-
Meeting adjourned at 8:32 pm
Minutes respectfully submitted by
**Please note: after meeting the party date was changed to Sunday, April 23rd due to scheduling conflict with Avelthorpe Park